Best Weapon Skins CSGO in 2021 [Definitive List]
In this article we take a look at what are the best weapon skins in CS:GO. With skins in Counter-Strike:Global Offensive being purely cosmetical, ‘best’ is rather subjective in the scheme of things. However, with almost a decade of skin releases in the game, some have certainly stirred up more interest than others.
So, what are the best CS:GO weapon skins? We take a look at some of the most popular CS:GO skins from player opinions. Because of how CS:GO’s skin currency works – we’ve divided the list up into two parts.
Part one is made up of the more expensive CS:GO skins. These are highly sought after and aren’t being found in cases anymore, meaning there’s a finite amount of the item, which has contributed to the expensive price tag.
The second part of the list will focus on the best CSGO skins which you can obtain for a relatively cheap sum of money, or are more likely to unbox in cases.
List of the Best CS:GO Weapon Skins (Expensive)
- M4A4 Howl – Probably one of the top 5 most iconic CS:GO skins – the Howl depicts a demon on the frame of the weapon, with a red and black hue. The M4A4 Howl was a covert skin in the Huntsman Collection until it was the subject of art theft back in 2014. The skin was redesigned and became contraband – meaning that anyone lucky enough to pull one from the cases could keep theirs but players who hadn’t landed one would have to pay a handsome fee to land one. As of the time of writing, a Factory New M4A4 Howl sells for approximately $5,173!
2. AWP Dragon Lore – A skin that needs no introduction, the AWP Dragon Lore is every sniper players’ dream pull & it’s been estimated that the odds of doing so are 1 in almost 250,000! Released as part of the Cobblestone Collection, the Dragon Lore is one of the most exquisitely detailed skins on the list and it would be almost a sin to leave it off a top CS:GO weapon skins list! As you’d expect, this item doesn’t come cheap and if you want it in Factory New condition you can expect to pay $8500 to get their hands on one. Souvenir Dragon Lore skins are valued even higher, with reports of some going for more than $100,000, which is some serious cash.
3. AK-47 Case Hardened – Although this isn’t one of the rarest skins on the list, case hardened skins have drummed up a fair amount of attention due to how the graphic is printed onto the weapon randomly. This makes for extremely unique pattern combinations, which is exactly what happened back in 2020 when a Minimal Wear version of this skin broke previous sale records and went for $150,000. The 4 Titan Holo stickers clearly helped but that is a hefty price for a very unique weapon.
4. Glock-18 Fade – This colorful weapon is the first choice of many during the Pistol Round and when you’ve got something this aesthetically stylish yet deadly, it’s not hard to see why. Like the aforementioned Case Hardened AK-47, Fade patterns are also an overlay which can make for some very interesting final patterns. The Fade pattern isn’t limited to just Glocks and AWPs, the pattern also appears on a bunch of knives. If this rainbow hue Glock-18 is something that catches your eye, it can be yours starting from around $750. If you’re dead set on some of the rarer pattern types – expect to pay a whole lot more.
5. AWP Gungnir – Released in 2019, the Gungnir has made a lasting imprint on almost every fan of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, especially sniper players. The weapon skin was named after the Norse god Odin’s spear and has one of the most unique, instantly recognizable patterns in the game. Getting your hands on this famed skin isn’t cheap either and will set you back more than $7000. If you want to try and find this coveted skin in weapon skins, your best chance is on CS:GO gambling sites, as the cases you’ll find have a much better return rate.
Now that we’ve got some of the most expensive skins out of the way, let’s take a look at some of the best weapons that are more affordable. There are a number of eye catching skins that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Read on to find out the best skins on the market which you can buy without costing you an arm and a leg.
CS:GO Popular Weapons List (Inexpensive)
- Mac-10 Disco Tech – If you’re a sucker for glossy and eye catching weapons, it’s hard not to be impressed with the Disco Tech. Despite this popular skin bringing all the bright colours, it won’t set you back as much as you might think. Factory new versions of the weapon cost an affordable $11, with worse wear versions going for much less. If you’re an avid fan of everything this skin goes for, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s available in StatTrak.
2. Glock-18 Oxide Blaze – If there was ever a skin to make a statement on the pistol round, this would be it. It’s also a skin that does what it says on the tin. The Oxide Blaze depicts half of the skin being covered in rust. The other half is white flames that start at the end of the barrel and breathe up towards the player’s hand. This sleek, smart looking skin drops from the Danger Zone case and to buy off a marketplace will cost a mere $0.25 at Factory New wear!
3. AWP Hyper Beast – The hyper beast skins span across a selection of guns, such as the Five-Seven, M4A1-S, Nova and of course, the AWP. This skin has always been in high demand since it was released in the Falchion case, back in 2015. It’s popularity can be contributed to the fact that it’s the first choice AWP skin of professional players Brehze, Stanislaw and kRYSTAL. If you want to buy the Hyper Beast from a market, you can expect to pay in the region of $50.
4. Glock-18 Water Elemental – We all love a truly unique skin and the Water Elemental is a great example of this in every sense of the word. The weapon skin was released back in 2014, in the Breakout Collection from 2014 and retails for $11 at Factory New. There’s also a StatTrak version of the skin out there for big fans of the design and despite its reasonable price tag, this Glock skin is still in high demand.
5. AWP Neo Noir – This skin is a little more expensive than some on this list, but is a weapon worthy of its spot due to its massive popularity. Because it’s not ridiculously expensive like some of the knife skins we’ve all seen, the Neo Noir is a popular skin that can be found on the Steam marketplace for around $25. The artwork on this skin is what sets it apart from other skins, especially around this price. The body of the weapon features an ‘neo-noir’ comic style depicting two girls. The colour scheme is an interesting mix of black, pink, white and blue.
6. AK-47 Frontside Misty – The artwork that’s gone into making this skin a reality is nothing short of spectacular. This is by far one of the nicest looking AK-47 skins that exist today. The frontside misty is found in The Shadow Collection and has a striking combination of baby blue, black and white that makes this gun instantly recognisable from across the map. For those of you who’re looking to add this beauty to their collection, can do so at around $30 for the Factory New version.
Bonus Skin: Editor’s Favorite
Desert Eagle Cobalt Disruption – One skin that has always stood out over the years is the popular Deagle skin, Cobalt Disruption. The skin features a digital camo pattern which boasts a number of shades of blue. It makes sense that this was released back in the eSports Winter Collection of 2013, as part of the ‘Winter Offensive’ update, as this cool colour scheme really fits the part. This item can be found on the Steam Marketplace or on trading sites for approximately $40 and is well worth picking up for how nice it looks.